Privacy Collection Statement
Collecting Your Information
Kentish Regional Clinic Inc. (KRC) is committed to ensuring that any participant information provided to us is only used for the purposes for which it is collected – to provide participants with the most appropriate programs. We will only collect participant personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the functioning of our programs, or more importantly, for participant safety.
As an Australian-based program, any data and information collected is held, used and disclosed in accordance with Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 and other relevant Australian and state laws in relation to the management of personal information. The Privacy Act allows for participants to identify themselves by way of a pseudonym, however, an exception to this is where it would be deemed reasonably impractical for Kentish Regional Clinic Inc. to deal with an unidentified participant. This is commonly the case, especially if we feel that an individual is at risk of harm or danger.
Website – Information Collected
During participation in programs delivered by KRC we may collect, hold and disclose your personal information in line with the Privacy Act 1988. This can include but is not limited to name, address, email, phone number, emergency contact details, age etc. Participants personal information may be kept on record, held on paper and/or electronic files and will only be used for program purposes. Primarily for:
- Program participant identification.
- To ensure participants receive any additional information that they have requested after a training session. Such as information on additional training programs and sessions or CORES Network meetings.
- For funding or grant proposals and acquittals.
- For the management and handling of participant confidential information and
- The safety of the participant.
Participant information will be obtained, used or disclosed only for the purposes listed above, except as authorised under the Privacy Act, required by law or authorised by participant consent.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information
If accessing the CORES website, some personal information may be collected as a result. However, we will never try to identify you from accessing the website and we respect the privacy of all website users. Some information that may be collected from your use of the website is:
- The fact that the website has been accessed, including the date and the time of access,
- Pages that have been accessed and any files which have been downloaded,
- The type of browser in which you use and
- Information in regards to your server address.
KRC takes steps to ensure that any personal information collected is accurate, up-to-date and complete. These steps include maintaining and updating personal information when we are advised by participants that it has changed and where applicable, checking that information provided about a participant by another individual is accurate.
KRC takes the utmost care to protect the personal information that we hold on participants against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and any other misuse. These steps include reasonable security safeguards for electronic and/or hard copy of paper records we hold and our safeguards are identified below.
Reasonable physical safeguards include:
- Locking filing cabinets and unattended storage areas,
- Physically securing the areas in which the personal information is stored,
- Not storing personal information in public areas,
- Positioning computer terminals and fax machines so that they cannot be seen or accessed by unauthorised people or members of the public.
Reasonable technical safeguards include:
- Using passwords to restrict computer access,
- Establishing different access levels so that not all staff can view all information on our server,
- Ensuring information is transferred securely (for example, not transmitting private information via non-secure email),
- Installing virus protection and firewalls.
Request for access to Participant Information
Participants of training programs offered by KRC will be provided with easy to understand information that explains how personal information and data is collected.
Participants of these programs have the right to access their personal information under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles. KRC complies with this legislation and allows participants the right to access any information, request amendments or request removal of any information that we hold on them.
If you are unhappy with information that is being collected or you have any further concerns please access contact Human Resources via email@example.com or telephone 03 6491 1552.